Friday, July 23, 2010

Shhhh. . .Can You Hear It?

My horoscope for today suggested that I should seek some time to myself today in order to still my mind and hear the answers that are waiting for me. I guess the universe really does have all the answers. My mind really could use some stillness today, it is really just a matter of finding the time to indulge it. But the universe says to so I suppose I should obey.
What answers am I seeking, you ask. Well, to be honest, I'm not really sure myself. Do you ever have times in your life when everything seems to be rolling towards some unknown precipice. You can feel it coming, but you don't really know what it is or when it will come. Things seem to be slightly out of control but you can't quite put your finger on just exactly what. That's where I am right now.
I'm not exactly depressed, in fact my mood is pretty good. It's more like a slight anxiety, but that's not really right either. I'm not scared or nervous or anything like that, more like just certain that something is on hte horizon for me and/or my family.
Now for the funniest thing. As I set here quietly writing this a certain calm has come over me. It occurs to me that it doesn't matter what is coming down the road for me. No one ever really knows. The best that anyone can ever do is take care of the people and things that are given to us to take care of and trust that that will be enough.
I suppose things have gotten kind of out of control this summer, as it does every summer with out of school kids and multiple and varied vacations (3 different ones so far) and so forth. Things tend to get pretty lax around here and I know enough about myself to know that I have to have a schedule, at least a rough outline of one.
The answer that has come to me is that I need to get myself and my family back on some sort of, if not schedule, at least order. Get back in the healthy eating routine and back on an exercise schedule for myself. Vacation is officially over for me now and to be quite honest, I'm OK with that. We have travelled over 4000 miles this summer travelling through 9 different states. Yes, we love a road trip. And yes, up north in Wisconsin, and down south at the beach, and way up high in the mountains is very nice. But I can now say with some authority that there is indeed no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment