Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Vacation From My Life

So I'm headed out on a two week vacation to the North Woods. My parents own a lake house in northern Wisconsin and we are soon to be north bound and down. I can't wait. I long to set on the dock and do nothing but stare at the peaceful lake and woods. And there's one more thing I'm looking forward to.
The food.
Wisconsin is the dairy state, as we all know. I could live on the cheese alone. But it also happens to be a very fine place to have a beer (love me some Leinie Light) or maybe a sausage or two (Bratwurst, anyone?) What's a girl to do?
Sure I've been busting hump to get ready for this trip. Not that I'm trying to impress anyone in the North Woods. They could care less. But I told myself all along that I would go and have a good time and not stress about it. But now I'm not so sure.
I'm going to get a guest pass so I can work out at the Curves up there. But, honestly, I'm not sure of the reality of me actually going. I know I will get in some hiking and canoeing. But I can't say with any regularity. I'm going to try to walk around the island most days. But you know how it is on vacation. You have the best intentions but after the first couple of days you find yourself all relaxed and stress free (which is a good thing) and you just push the 'fuck it' button.
I want to enjoy my vacation and not stress about eating too much or not exercising enough but I'm just not sure how. I guess I'm just going to have to find the right balance between beer and brawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment