Saturday, June 5, 2010

Too Hot to Move

Just got back from vacation. Well, vacation #1. The Northwoods of Wisconsin are really beautiful this time of year. It was 75-80 degrees every day with very little, if any humidity. I looooved it. We fished and hiked and our friends let the kids borrow their paddle boat so we laughed. A lot. And of course we ate. But I was pretty good. I indulged in some cheese and beer but I tried to balance everything out. I had my yogurt for breakfast and had plenty of fruits and vegis and I stuck to MGD 64 for my beer drinking. And we were plenty active so I think I came away with only 2 extra pounds which I'm holding out on because we were in the car for 15 hours yesterday and I think there is some fluid retention going on. It's hard to stay hydrated with a husband that hates the words, "I have to pee."
I've got a two day hiatus before we go on vacation #2 to Myrtle Beach. I'm going to use this weekend to power slam some fresh vegis and all the water I can hold in order to try and flush out some of the damage from Lumberjack Land. Activity will be a little hard though. I bet you didn't know that Kentucky was a tropical location, did you? Well, come hang out here for a few days and you will be a believer. According to my deck thermometer it is 92 degrees with 82% humidity. My poor husband is out mowing the grass right now and he really needs gills instead of lungs. My hound dogs are literally spilled out under the fan in my living room. And my dreams of a hike are gone with the wind. If there was any wind. The good news is that it's too hot to cook or even eat. "So I got that going for me, which is nice."
I'll be glad to get to the beach. Where it still may be hot, but I just don't seem to care that much when I have a frozen concoction in my hand and the ocean breeze blowing over my face.

* Recipe for good for you frozen concoction. (well, at least not tragic for you)
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup coconut water, frozen (not coconut milk!)
1/2 cup fresh fruit of your choice (I like pineapples for a pina colada thing)
1 oz. rum
take it for a spin in the blender and enjoy. If you have a little umbrella and an orange slice for the side, more better

No comments:

Post a Comment