Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Quickie 5/28

Today is the last day of school for my babies. I am looking forward to being lazy with them this summer. No schedule - no problem. But that will have to wait a few days. Tomorrow we take off for another torture ride road trip.
We evidently lost our minds during the planning stages. We're driving about 14 hours to our lake house in northern Wisconsin, staying a week, then driving 14 hours home. Then two days later turning around and driving 9 hours to the beach for a week, then 9 hours back.
There is no good way to take a road trip without stopping at a convenience store. You need gas and if you're me, you need to pee. A lot. Which brings us to road trip food. My favorites- Combos, Slim Jims, Snickers, Mt. Dew - are all off the menu this year. Totally not going to do that to myself. So it will be 90 calorie granola bars, turkey jerky, and if I'm really lucky, a York peppermint patty and a diet Mt. Dew for me.
Pray for my road rage.

2 comments:

  1. I very clearly remember what it is like to take a long road trip with you and your in-laws...walkie-talkies are not good ideas...I don't care what anyone says...just remember...the sun is warm and the grass is green:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the sun is warm and the grass is green - got it! the sun is warm and the gras is green. the sun is warm the grass is green. . .

    ReplyDelete