Friday, January 21, 2011

What's Better Than a Potato Chip?

OK. Admittedly, not that much, but I have found something that gives good ol' chips a run for their money. Ever heard of Kale Chips? Yeah, me neither. Until a couple of months ago when they started to be EVERYWHERE. Seriously.
So when I was at the grocery store the other day I noticed that Kale was only 72 cents a pound. I have no idea whether or not this is a reasonable price for kale as I have never purchased it before. But I figured that for less than a couple of bucks I could give it a try. Boy, am I glad I did.
When roasted they taste remarkably like potato chips. Seriously! And if you don't believe me, just ask my kids. They each had a big ol' dish while watching Despicable Me then were bummed when they found out all the Kale Chips were gone.
"Mooooooooom! Why didn't you buy more kale? Jeesh!"



1 bunch kale
olive oil
kosher salt

Wash and remove stems from kale. Tear into bite-size pieces. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and place on cookie sheet. Sprinkle gently with kosher salt. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes. Allow to cool. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment