Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Calories, Anyone?

Ever wonder how many calories you burned rearranging your living room furniture? Cooking dinner for your kids? What about sex? Just how many calories does that burn? Well, wonder no more. I have found the best calorie calculator in the world. All you do is plug in your weight. Then go down the list plugging in how many minutes you spent doing each activity on the (very comprehensive) list during the past 24 hours. Be sure to do this at the same time every day if you are seriously counting and keeping track of calories.
Sure one of those Body Bugg things will do the same thing, but they cost something like $250 and they are, quite frankly, not all that attractive. I mean I suppose that you could tell everyone that that ugly black arm band is your new court ordered alcohol monitoring bracelet, but you should probably save that excuse for when you really need it. Besides this site is free.
I found out that a day spent shopping, doing general housework, raking grass in my yard, and washing and folding laundry burned nearly 1600 calories. Not to mention the 400 I burned at the gym. Sadly no sex was involved. It just goes to show you that you don't have to go to the gym to get in a decent workout. And let's just be honest - I'm much more likely to run my vacuum every day if I know that I can burn up to 250 calories/ 30 minutes of doing it. Clean house and a workout = SCORE!
So check it out and surprise yourself by just how much (or how little) your daily life fires off those calories. You might, like me, find yourself wanting to walk the dog just to see how many calories you burned.

p.s. Don't forget that the next post will bring The Big Announcement! It's kind of a big deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment